Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inPortal

MTGO IS DEAD!

Go down 
+2
oASCeNSIONo
Shadowmagic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowmagic
Admin
Shadowmagic

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 9:26 pm

I CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW MANY PPL STOPPED PLAYING. I KNOW IT'S NOT THE GREATEST BUT DAM I NEVER THOUGHT THAT 85% OF MY BUDDY'S WOULD BE GONE. FUCK YOU HASBRO, FUCK YOU!
Back to top Go down
https://bustedknuckles.rpg-board.net
oASCeNSIONo

oASCeNSIONo

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 10:02 pm

Agreed. I've been craving it so damn much, too, that I almost started investing in physical cards again.
Back to top Go down
BlazedphoeniX

BlazedphoeniX

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 5:33 pm

To be honest. Even thought it's very bad after a few weeks of getting used to it it does become playable. Still so many problems. At the moment I think it's just Me, Decebre and Freed from the clan online.
Back to top Go down
Shadowmagic
Admin
Shadowmagic

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 4:07 pm

Well I hope everyone got the memo my nic is now Insane_Topdeck_Skills and I log everyday, except last weekend i was on vacation beotch Smile
Back to top Go down
ARC NOVA

ARC NOVA

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 5:25 pm

It is dead I logged on the other day to see I was kicked out which I can understand since there was others that was out waaaay longer then me but yea I believe it's that damn awful beta and it is confusing to use well good luck yall
Back to top Go down
publicwifi

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 9:22 pm

I've never seen MODO so fucking dead in my life. I sold out a while back. I intended on buying into Vintage, but decided to see what would happen once V4 hit.

I've been using Beta since day one. Almost nothing has changed. Simple tasks have become overcomplicated (2 clicks vs 10 clicks). Useful and needful functions have been removed.

From day one, WotC has improved the client and highlighted changes for who -- the drafter. Yet, I never see any of my hardcore draft buddies online. Even they have thrown in the towel.

From Jan-May of this year I spent almost $4,000 on tickets. Only now has WotC realized that there's a major FUCKING problem with the client. Only when their wallets show the difference do they show the slightest interest.

Thousands of players submitted legitimate concerns for this client from day one. Countless posts have been made on the official forums. The most relevant issues have yet to be addressed or resolved.

Google Sony Online Entertainment and Starwars Galaxies. This is the level of failure we're talking about. Long story short, SOE "updated" the game SWG - changing everything 2 days before the launch of a new expansion. The result? 80-90% of the player base left the game never to return. It was an epic failure. MTGO / MODO has become, in my opinion, one of the largest online gaming catastrophes in the history of online gaming.

I mean - fuck. What else could be said? My buddies list was maxed with ONLY 10 bots. How many people do I see online at a time? THREE.

Anyway, regardless of this epic shit fest, I'll be around.
Back to top Go down
TheFlakyMage

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 3:29 pm

Amen, bro! I think of WotC and I imagine a bunch of bloated suits clustered around an egg chute watching with vapid expectation and slowly dawning consternation that the golden eggs have stopped rolling out. And in the background, the picked over carcass of the golden goose is sitting on a platter surrounded by dirty plates and silverware. Herpty-derp.

At least they hired a UI design firm to start investigating why their client sux so bad. Maybe there's hope. In the meanwhile, I'm voting with my wallet. Not a penny is getting spent on this game until its on par with V3. I'll just be spending more time on other games instead.
Back to top Go down
oASCeNSIONo

oASCeNSIONo

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 7:50 pm

I hate to ask this.. but what other games have you been/will be playing?
Back to top Go down
Shadowmagic
Admin
Shadowmagic

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 9:49 pm

fb pool =\
Back to top Go down
TheFlakyMage

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 10:12 pm

Well... first I finished Dishonored.

Currently, I've been playing through Skyrim again. Been so long it was almost like playing for the first time again. I never manage to finish the MQ tho, just end up getting to Archmage/Thieves' Guildmaster/Thane of everywhere/master alchemist/enchanter/smith/everything and lose interest. Almost there. I even got married this time!

I've got the entire Mass Effect trilogy, plus a massive Minecraft project I've abandoned that would be neat to update. Then there's D3 - still haven't tried the expansion yet. I was pretty burned out on it tho so might still wait a while.

I've also been playing a lot of Terra Mystica online. If you are into strategy board games, and want to learn, google it, make an account, and post your account name here. I'll be glad to set up a 1v1 and tutor anyone who wants to learn.

I've got options. Yeah. Options. I'm not jones'n for my MTGO fix at all. Uh huh.
Back to top Go down
ARC NOVA

ARC NOVA

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 10:16 pm

I've been playing on paper with a lot of people in the neighborhood so it's been awesome and I'm on wow and titanfall if any of u are on Xbox one with titanfall or any other game hit me up and let's swap gamer tags and I miss mtgo but the new version just killed it for me
Back to top Go down
publicwifi

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 11:02 pm

TheFlakyMage wrote:

At least they hired a UI design firm to start investigating why their client sux so bad.

This shows you the level of apathy, greed and ignorance we're dealing with. Don't encourage your customers to submit feedback if you're not going to listen. Customers have been barking for years regarding V4 / Beta. Now WotC is bringing in yet another 3rd party to resolve V4's issues? Really? What happened to the countless e-mails, surveys, and forum posts? What happened to the Beta spotlights?

Now internet forums, reddit, and major MTGO sites are saying with one loud, distinct voice: MTGO IS DEAD.

WotC didn't listen. How do they expect a 20 question, 3rd party survey to magically resolve the issues? I think customers are growing tired of submitting the same shit over and over again.

Wisdom is the application of knowledge.
Back to top Go down
oASCeNSIONo

oASCeNSIONo

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 12:33 am

oASCeNSIONo#1603 for those who play D3.
The expansion is a bit better, patch 2.1 just dropped this past week as well adding some new junk and more RNG for your RNG if you're into that sort of thing Razz In all honesty, it's probably more enjoyable on console either way.
I picked up Dishonored, Tomb Raider, and Shadowrun Returns, haven't started playing Dishonored or TR yet.

I hate to say it, but either way WoTC/MTGo will probably survive this regardless of the lost user base. Hopefully they make an attempt to make amends and make the client better or allow the old client again.
Back to top Go down
ARC NOVA

ARC NOVA

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 12:35 am

I hope so I'm looking to make a comeback...... maybe , anyway so no one plays Xbox one eh
Back to top Go down
publicwifi

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 10:43 pm

I play a bit of everything - now. A lot of "Free to Play" MMO's. A lot of Steam related shtuff. Planetside 2 (free), STO (free, but boring), DCUO (boring grind... pvp is worth it) Guns of Icarus (always fun with a good team), MechWarrior Online (free), HL2 related mods (Team fortress, Synergy, Counterstrike, Gmod), Mount and Blade, Path of Exile, etc... I've mostly been playing MechWarrior Online simply due to a long history with that game.

If I can enjoy the game - I'm all for it. Multiplayer or nothing. Apart from consoles, I started my multiplayer gaming experience with Doom. Yeah, oldschool. BBS Doors - even older.

If you're into FPS games, Planetside 2 is a must-see. Large scale battles that rival any FPS shooter out there (COD, Battlefield, so on...)

I've never considered pre-ordering a game until Evolve was announced. With a good group, it would be a fuckin' blast. I highly suggest looking up the Evolve videos on youtube. It's basically a 4v1 game. The 'monster' evolves while the 4 others try to trap and kill the monster. I would imagine it will be a big hit on console and PC, assuming the monster isn't an asshat. Huge amount of teamwork required. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YziEMHEQopQ
Back to top Go down
oASCeNSIONo

oASCeNSIONo

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:41 pm

Yeah, I've checked evolve out a couple times over the last few months, looks promising. I'm oASCeNSIONo on Steam and PSN as well if you're interested in looking me up. I've been using steam for about 7 years now, but mostly for solo gaming, and rarely at that, up until MTGO went to hell.
Back to top Go down
S.Nightmare

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 1:49 pm

I pretty much quit. I haven't been online since early July.
If it gets better, I might come back. I do miss you guys.
Back to top Go down
TheFlakyMage

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 12:43 pm

We miss you too...

I was on last night. From the clan, only Paradigm, GoPlay, and scoot were on and none of them responded to my pings. Sir Anthony was my only non-clan buddy who was on, but he only plays Modern now, which is the one format I don't have any decks for.

I ended up playing randoms. Did a 2hg STD that was pretty fun, then did a 1v1 EDH and got slow-rolled by a 5-color Planestomper (serves me right for bringing Erebos to a 1v1). The high point of that game was watching him lose all five flips on his Ral ult. But between Kiora, Karn, and Tamiyo, I never had a chance. After that, I broke out Geist and tried again only to have my opponent quit after the 4th turn. Neither 1v1 said a word in chat, leaving the games devoid of fun AND personality.

Having some decent ppl to play with would be nice.
Back to top Go down
ARC NOVA

ARC NOVA

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 12:53 pm

I wanna come back too but no one is ever on and most of my collection is gone
Back to top Go down
oASCeNSIONo

oASCeNSIONo

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 7:11 pm

Damnit, I miss you guys. I miss the game(before v4) as well. I pray WoTC get their heads out of their asses soon. Hit me up on steam and battle.net if you play.
oASCeNSIONo#1603 battle.net
oASCeNSIONo on steam as well.
Back to top Go down
Shadowmagic
Admin
Shadowmagic

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 12:47 am

alright it's not terrible as of now, took alittle to minipulate tools givin (few) but it is doable Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MTGO IS DEAD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTGO IS DEAD!   MTGO IS DEAD! Empty

Back to top Go down

MTGO IS DEAD!
Page 1 of 1